November 3, 2009

When in New York...

...I go to the Met (Museum) all the time. It's the perfect thing to combine with taking a stroll in Central Park, and since it's pretty much for free, you can go as often as you want. I feel like a lot of people miss that entrance is by donation and pay the suggested price anyway. As good as that is for the museum, you can still get in for free, or as I used to do, donate a dollar each time! It has so many perks this place, I would move in there if I they let me:)


It's beautiful inside and out, and you can hangout on the stairs outside, or have your coffee there while pondering upon the wonder of this city and watch the cabs as they swirl down Fifth avenue.


This area is absolutely wonderful and there's something very meditative about it. When the light is right, it's pretty gorgeous..


And the art! Oy, the art. Jon Singer Sargent, Madame X (Predictable, but I love this one)


The artist in his studio back in the day...


This portait always really gets to me, so beautiful. Vsevolod Mikhailovich Garshin, by Repin. (Also a tongue twister).


Love this.


And when you feel satisfied with the intake of the day, you can go up on the roof and inhale some Central Park air! Now that's what I call a bargain for a dollar.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails