February 17, 2010
I feel like I want to be honest.
The thing is, I’m missing my friends something terrible. And my family obviously. (None of them live over here in Scandinavia). But my friends, they’re spread all over the world, and in particular, they’re across the pond, which means they’re not here, where they should be, with me. Today, this hurts.
Sure, I have people here in Sweden that I call friends that I hang out with here, but it’s not the same. They’re not friends with a capital F. And I don’t think they ever would be, either. Honestly.
You see, I only came back to Sweden by the end of last year, for a limited period of time and for a specific reason. To re-group, re-organize myself and to change path. Physically and mentally, I left this place ages ago. I hadn’t planned on ever coming back.
But in the end, this little stint turned out to be the best option at the time, and I decided to go for it.
The problem is that sometimes, it’s hard to cope. Really hard.
Just like I knew it would be, it’s hard coming back to something you’ve left, for proper reasons, too.
I would say that six days out of seven are fine, one hangs in there and gets done what needs to be done. But on that seventh day, boy does it get hard. I feel so remote, so distant from everything and everyone that is dear to me, and I’m just hoping it doesn’t show too much. And I’m hoping even more that this too, like this ongoing winter, shall pass.
Posted by Hermione at 1:49 PM
February 8, 2010
Lisa over at Pennycones is awesome. As is her blog! She's given me this super cute award. I'm accepting it with many thanks and smiley faces, and will therefore also share 7 things about me (it's part of the whole acceptance thing). Here we go:
1. One of my absloute favorite movies is Harold & Maude. It's amazing in every possible sense, and I know it will always remind me of how fantastic life is. In fact, I'd like to be watching it right now.
2. 2009 was not a great year for me.
3. 2010 is, in comparison and independently, pretty awesome and very promising. I keep saying that here, but it's because it's really true. I'm excited.
4. I love the Oprah show. Oprah in general. Oprah for president! (Not really, but it always sounds fun).
5. I once tried ordering a 'Tall American Joe' at Starbucks.
(As a Starbuck- and US newbie, that was my version of a tall Americano/small cup of Jo.) What I really wanted was a tall regular coffee. There is so much I could be saying about this, but that will have to be another time.
6. I should be sleeping right now. I'm having sleeping problems right now. Remedies, anyone?
7. When I was a kid, me and my sister had one dwarf hamster each. They were great. They had cool names. We fed them potato chips and fudgy chocolate cake (not the best of ideas).
8. I love my sister. She's the best. She reads my blog, and she's the coolest sister! Love you!
(Make it 8.)
Paying it forward to:
Janis at My suitcase Heart!
Amanda over at Just Beachy! (lets give her some support as she's struggling.)
Posted by Hermione at 11:57 PM
February 7, 2010
My dear, dear readers and fellow bloggers.
I’m so glad my little tale about Rusty was so wonderfully received, it truly and utterly warms my heart. I know he would be thrilled too if he found out.
There’s nothing I wish more right now than to sit and write about Rusty, Valentines Day Cards and my upcoming Events all day long. Unfortunately, my schedule is just giving me a hard time and preventing me from all the fun keyboard typing there is to be done on a daily basis.
For days and days I’ve been glancing at my ‘New Post’ button. Sensing how it’s looking at me with blameful eyes. You should be clicking me, it’s saying. You should be writing new posts and finding fun stuff to share, as opposed to just staring at the dashboard. I mean, really.
Oh, I know. I agree with you Button! I should have been posting, all week long. I don’t have excuses that are interesting enough for cyber space, so I’m just going to make a promise:
I promise to be more faithful to you, Blog. I really do. I do! Because you and all the people out there are too awesome to be neglected like this. Enough said.
So stay tuned… 2010 is looking really good.
In the meantime, here’s a a little musical band-aid for cold winter nights:
Super cute animation on top of it. Well done.
Posted by Hermione at 10:29 PM