November 24, 2009

Obsessions







Like so many, it was maybe Joaquin Phoenix's interpretation (what a great performance, what an actor, what a man) of him that opened up my eyes to the world of Cash. Right now, I can't get enough Cash. (The other kind of cash would be nice too, but lets stick to the subject here). I mean, look at that man. Gorgeous! And that voice, that charisma, the height, the lovely relationship between him and June. With the risk of sounding like a cliche, I can't help getting so inspired by the relationship and bond they seemed to share, how much value there is in having a marriage or relationship like that. It was so obvious that they were like one, and they seemed to have been decided on giving whatever was necessary for it to work, because of the love that was between them. Just beautiful.

Update after some thoughts:...

I don't know, I feel like it's rare to see that kind of commitment today, or at least in the public eye. But as Janis wisely pointed out, he was married and divorced before June, as was she. Nothing's perfect. Not even love. But I have a sensation that people might give up too easily today on their marriage, that divorce is such an easy option. I realize that that may be a controversial opinion, and the Cash's aren't a perfect example for that since they were both previously divorced. But when two people obviously love each other so much as they did, I think the only right thing is for them to be together. And yes, that may be hurtful to other parties involved, but it is for the sake of love, not for giving up.

2 comments:

janis said...

i absolutely loved watching their relationship unfold in the movie...but it pained my heart to think about his first wife. that's a nasty little detail that's often neglected to be brought up. call me a little old fashioned, but i don't think you should cast off your first wife just because someone much better comes along....

but that being said, june & johnny's relationship was so so beautiful.

Hermione said...

Janis, you're completely right about that, I almost feel embarrassed to have left that out. I guess I was more thinking about their relationship and their bond, more than the marriage and his previous divorce. I think I'm going to have to edit this post!

Related Posts with Thumbnails