November 25, 2009

Speaking of...




...Joaquin Phoenix and the imperfections of love, here's a great great film on that subject. Two Lovers came out earlier this year, and I think it was the last movie Joaquin did before deciding to not act anymore. It's a really beautiful film with great performances, it takes place in Brighton Beach, Brooklyn. It feels very real, very New York, very Brooklyn and very modern. If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do! It's a really beautiful story, I loved it.

Pictures from IMDB.


Pictures Copyright © Magnolia Pictures.

2 comments:

Null said...

I Netflixed this movie when I saw Paltrow was in it. I was surprised I hadn't heard of it, especially since it was beautifully acted and had a moving plot.

I do remember feeling it was a bit dark, though. But I agree with you, it's worth seeing!

Hermione said...

Yeah, I think all the press about him quitting acting actually out shadowed the actual film. I agree that it was a bit dark, but it (for me) captured some kind of essence of NY that isn't really seen that much. And the story too, dark but real. I'd say it's perfect Netflix-queue-material!

Related Posts with Thumbnails