November 22, 2009

Another Sunday...

...another boat day. Here in Stockholm there's something called Husbåt, and it translates as a house boat. It means you live on your own boat, all year around (imagine the winters!).
When I was little, I thought this was the utmost living situation, and I nearly convinced my mum that our family needed to be living on a Husbåt. We even went looking at some that were for sale at the time. I was 10 years old. I had romantic images of reading my schoolbooks as the rain fell down the little boat windows, and the whole thing swaying along. Realizing it would get really cold and inconvenient, we stayed in the safety of our house.
Looking back, I think it's good that it remained only a romantic idea. But my fascination for these kind of boats remains, and today I walked by these ones on the fancier dock on Strandvägen, with quirky little details I hadn't noticed before. You can tell a lot about the owners by the look of the boat..

coolest name for a boat!

not really Pirates of the Caribbean, but something like it..



complete with little skull flags... scary!


summer leftovers...


at first sight, just a pretty boat...


..looking closer, there's the cutest doggie looking for some company. Aw!


look at that! Can I dog sit?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails